Peterson Accounting was founded on the premise of providing customized, client centered payroll solutions at a competitive price - creating value for your company. We are a privately held company, recognized for our commitment to delivering first rate payroll, HR and timekeeping solutions. We are not a franchise or a division of a larger corporation. We are a focused, fast-growing highly-skilled payroll alternative to any competitor.
You can expect more from Peterson Accounting because we value the same things - your time and your business. That's why we've designed a payroll service that's different. Thoughtfully and intelligently designed with your needs in mind, Peterson Accounting is a high-quality, comprehensive payroll service that's focused on your satisfaction and the things you need to do payroll easily, efficiently and accurately.
What does our payroll service do for your business?
From collecting time to printing paychecks and management reports, our products and services are designed to streamline your payroll operations, allowing you to focus on your core business. We recognize that the "one size fits all" approach doesn't work when it comes to payroll, so we customize our services to best fit your needs.
Missing payroll deadlines? We can help! At Peterson Accounting, we can:
- Process payroll weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly
- Process monthly, quarterly, and year-end withholdings
- Process W2’s and 1099’s
Our Payroll Service Options include:
- Payroll customized to your specific needs in plain English - no codes or confusing grids
- Submit payroll data via email, fax, or directly from your PC (the choice is yours!)
- Quick and easy access to view or change payroll information anytime with our state of the art on-line software
- Ability to eliminate keying payroll data by uploading data from your time clock or other external time keeping system
- Preview all Gross to Net calculations before you submit your payroll for processing - eliminates errors up front before you receive your checks
- Payment options including paper checks, direct deposit or Go Green with our paperless option!
- Automatically prepared and filed quarterly payroll taxes & returns and annual returns
- Management reports customized for your needs to track employee pay, labor center costs, retirement, general ledger and much more
- Tracking and monitoring employee sick and vacation days - on-line and on paper with a full audit trail
- 3rd party checks or EFT payments for child support, garnishments, 401(k) administrators, etc.
- New Hire Reporting
Please contact us today with any questions you may have or to set up an appointment!
We Take the Worry out of Payroll Taxes!
Peterson Accounting brings you peace of mind by taking the risk out of the cumbersome task of payroll tax compliance!
At Peterson Accounting, our job doesn't stop at payroll processing. We pay and file all your payroll taxes-federal, state and local. It's the easiest and most convenient way to manage complicated tax matters. There's nothing for you to do and nothing to sign. Plus, with this service we assume all liability for timeliness and accuracy, so you never have to worry about missing a deadline or being penalized for an error.
At the end of each quarter we provide you with a financial reconciliation of your tax liabilities and copies of tax returns we have filed on your behalf. Our Payroll Specialists are available to answer your questions about how changes may affect your business.
Our Tax Service is designed to save you TIME by eliminating the tedious yet critical taks of calculating, filing and depositing payroll taxes. Have you ever paid a penalty due to a calculation error or late filing? When you use our tax service we are responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of your tax filings. We IMPROVE ACCURACY and give you more CONTROL by automating the tax filing process and providing you with easy to read management reports designed to help you monitor you tax filing history.
In fact, even if you start in the middle of a calendar quarter, we can take over and assume full responsibility for all your tax filings!
How do I know my Federal Taxes are paid?
While Peterson Accounting handles all payroll tax filings the responsibility of tax payments ultimately falls on your company. Once you become a client we link you to the IRS's EFTPS system where you can monitor all Federal Tax payments we make on your behalf.
Although we assume the responsibility for collecting, reporting and depositing your Federal taxes, we encourage you to use the EFTPS system to audit/verify these payments. Since we make your deposits via EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Payment System) you can verify your federal tax payments electronically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the Internet, or by phone. To verify your Federal payroll tax payments (including FUTA) you can do the following:
- Go to EFTPS.com
- Enter your state abbreviation and click enter
- Click on the enrollment tab
- Enroll as a business and click next
- Read the privacy act disclaimer and click accept
- Enter your Federal ID number, business name and phone number then click next
- Enter primary contact information, address and phone number and click next
- Choose payment through a financial institution and click next
- Click accept on disclaimer (this allows you to view all payment activity)
- Verify enrollment data and click next
- Read authorization agreement and electronically sign with an officers name and title and click accept
- You will then be prompted with an acceptance screen that provides your enrollment trace number, gives you the time frame for processing and explains that your packet will come by mail containing your pin number and login info
- Print a copy for your records
Once this packet is received, do the following:
- Call toll free 1-800-982-3526
- Logon to EFTPS website and change your password
- After receiving your confirmation you can go to payments at any time
- You can verify that your payments are made correctly by matching the deposit amount from your payroll Tax Liabilities Report under line item "Total 941 Liabilities"